TEACHER CONSULTANT for Students with Disabilities
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! I know many of you are feeling overwhelmed thinking about the virtual learning process, but please know that we are here to help! :-)
As the Teacher Consultant for students with disabilities, I spend much of my day setting up IEP meetings, collecting data, and generating paperwork. I can certainly help consult on issues going on in the classroom and brainstorm ideas with families/teachers/students, so that each and every student is getting their needs met. For parents of students with disabilities, below is brief information regarding IEP meetings this year:
- IEP Meetings:
- IEP Invites will be sent to your home address via mail. If you need to reschedule the IEP meeting, please contact me. My contact information is below.
- IEP meetings will be held virtually through zoom on Tuesday's or Thursday's. Teachers will join through zoom and students/guardians will join through conference call. We will all be able to hear each other, but not necessarily see each other.
- I will have about 45 minutes set up for each IEP meeting. If you need longer, that is no problem on our end.
- IEP Team - All members of the IEP team will be invited to our virtual IEP meetings this year.
- New IEP information - please plan on sharing how your son/daughter is doing in the virtual learning process. What is going well? What can we further help with?
- Reminder - We are a TEAM! We have your child's best interest in mind. Let's work together!
- IEP related concerns - if you are having any concerns regarding your child's IEP, please reach out to their case manager to see if they can help assist you. :-)
Students Virtual Schedule Includes:
- 1st Hour (M, T, TH, F) 10:00-10:25 am
- 2nd Hour (M, T, TH, F) 10:30-10:55 am
- 3rd Hour (M, T, TH, F) 11:00-11:25 am
- 4th Hour (M, T, TH, F) 11:30-11:55 am
- 5th Hour (M, T, TH, F) 12:00-12:25 pm
- 6th Hour (M, T, TH, F) 12:30-12:55 pm
*Prior to meeting with your class at the time listed above, please watch their video lessons listed in their google classroom.
Student/Instructional Support Time - (Every Wednesday between 10-1) and Everyday from 1:30-3:01.
Study Skills - I have one section of Study Skills this year during 6th hour (12:30-12:55). Information regarding Study Skills will be loaded on my google classroom site. If you have questions regarding this class, please contact me.
My Contact Information:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org (This is the BEST method to reach me)
Office Phone Number - 810-591-3832
Wishing you all a great 2020-2021 school year! Go Raiders!
- IEP Meetings: