Important Information about School Meals
Flushing Community Schools is proud of our Child Nutrition Staff and the meals that they offer every school day. Good nutrition is an important part of a child’s education. Without access to adequate nutrition, learning is hampered. For the 2023-2024 school year, we will be participating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) as part of the School Breakfast Program /National School Lunch Program. Under this initiative, FREE breakfast and lunch will be provided to ALL Flushing students thanks to Michigan Healthy School Meals Program.
Even though meals will be provided for FREE, it's important for all families to fill out the Education Benefit Form. Doing so will maximize federal and state funding for education programs that our students are entitled to. Forms will be sent home with your child, and will be available at all Flushing Community School locations and in the file section below.
Parents will have the option to put money on their child(ren)'s account through the Meal Magic Family Portal to purchase second meals or ala-carte items. Students will not be allowed to charge second meals or ala-carte items.
- Please take a moment to complete the form found below (or preferably complete online at the Meal Magic Family Portal) and return it to your child’s school. The Education Benefits Form collects information needed to ensure the school receives state and federal funding for education programs. Without this information, Flushing Community Schools could lose important funding for education programs that our students need.
- Why is Flushing Community School requesting financial information? The Education Benefits Form determines the eligibility of the student or household. The total count of eligible students is used to determine the funding amounts that will be made available to a school. The more forms returned the better.
- What do I need to do? Please complete the form and return it to Flushing Community Schools.
- What else might my student or household be eligible for? Based on the information you provide on your Education Benefits Form, your child may qualify for other programs such as:
- Reduction or elimination for fees for Pay to Participate
- Programs that provide food support
- Programs that provide holiday support
- Potential household support for cable and internet
- Reduced or free AP testing
- Potential added academic and mental health supports
For up-to-date information and news please visit us at: www.flushingschools.org or download our mobile app at the App store or Google Play and while visiting the website, take a moment to view the breakfast and lunch menus.
If you have any questions, please contact Sonia Shortz CNS, at 810.591.2791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023-2024 Breakfast and Lunch Prices
Additional Breakfast $1.75
Additional Elementary Lunch $2.75
Additional Secondary Lunch $3.00
Cold Lunch Milk/Additional Milk $.60
Please scan Meal Magic family portal QR code now replacing myschoolbucks and the free/reduced meal application. Please login to create a parent account and complete the meal application on the "Apply for Benefits" tab.
Breakfast at School:
Eating breakfast is an important start to the academic day. To maximize learning, students need to start each day with a healthy meal. Since mornings can be hectic and sometimes students do not have time to eat breakfast before the bus comes, Flushing Community Schools offers breakfast in each building.
School breakfast includes entree, fresh/canned fruit, 100% fruit juice, and low fat or fat-free milk.
Breakfast times in our building cafeterias:
Middle School & High School: 7:30-8:00 am
Elementary (K-6): 8:45-9:15 am
Help your child start the day right with school breakfast!