Flushing High School Daily Bulletin
Daily Announcements Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Driver’s Education- There are still openings for our segment 2 classes in March and May. Sign up in the guidance office.
- College Visit- Attention Juniors: U of M flint will be visiting Tuesday, March 17th during SRT, sign up in the guidance office to attend.
- Seniors- If you did not pick up your announcements when Jostens was here, please stop by the Main Office to pick them up.
- National Honor Society- All juniors with a 3.6 GPA or higher: if you would like to apply to be part of the National Honor Society, applications can be picked up in Mrs. Daniels’ room, 503. Applications due March 13th.
- Senior Slide Show- Photographs of the class of 2020 are needed for the Senior Brunch Slide Show. Photos from elementary, middle school, dances, sporting events, plays, concerts, field trips, group photos, etc. are preferred. The more the merrier. Please submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org All photos must be submitted by March 27th.
- JV Tennis- Practice Thursday, March 12th 5:00-7:00p in the fieldhouse. Tennis shoes and racquets are required & make sure your physical is on file.
- Softball- Tryouts March 9th-March 12th. 9th & 10th will have JV tryouts 3:00-4:15p each day. 11th & 12th will have Varsity tryouts 4:00-5:30p each day.
- Playoff games- If you are attending the playoff games this week, this is a reminder that no passes will be accepted including student athletic cards. Tickets are $6 at the fieldhouse door.
- Umpires Recruiting- This is a 6 week committed position, serious inquiries only. Please see Mr.Smith in the Athletic Office if interested.
- Alice’s Music Concert- If you have band or a music talent that you want to showcase, this is the event for you. Auditions will be the week after Spring Break and the show is April 21st. See Mr.Degner with any questions.
- MDA Shamrock Sales- Classes with $100 in sales gets cookies and any class over $200 gets pizza!
- AP Gov’t Applications- available in Mrs. Taylor’s room, 127.
- Youth Volleyball- Looking for coaches for the program on Monday & Wednesday nights 6:15-9:15 p.m. @ FHS. These are paid coaching positions, please see Mrs. Andrews if interested. Applications due March 26th.
- Fishing Club Meeting- Thursday, March 12th in Mr.Schilke’s room(410) right after school.
- Play Audition: Audition for Marvelous Squad March 17th & 19th 3-5 p.m. on the stage. No experience necessary. See Mr. or Mrs. Daniels with any questions.
- Key Club- Meeting Wednesday, March 18th @ 7:40a in Mrs. Peet’s room.
- Gamers- Meeting today in room 500 after school.
- Climate blue- meeting Friday, March 13th after school in Mrs. Peet’s room.
- Wrestling- Anyone interested in wrestling for next school year there will be a meeting after school this Friday in the wrestling room.