**Please note that if school is cancelled due to inclement weather, Driver Education classes will be held the following school day**
Classes will meet from 3:00-5:00pm in Room 300
Session 1: November 11, 13, 18
Session 2: December 9, 11, 16
Session 3: February 3, 5, 10
Session 4: March 9, 11, 16
Session 6: May 4, 6, 11
- Students may take Driver Education II only after they have passed Driver Education I and 90 days have passed since the LEVEL I LICENSE was issued from the Secretary of State. Students need to have completed at least 30 hours of driving with parent/guardian (including 2 hours of nighttime driving). Driving Log must be presented at time of sign-up. Students who have a summer birthday may take the May class.
- There is a MANDATORY attendance policy for ALL (3) THREE CONSECUTIVE CLASSES. There will be no exceptions, no make-up classes. Also, successful completion of Driver Education II is required to take your “confirmation test”.
- Students MUST bring their State of Michigan Level I License to sign up for Driver Education II. Class sign-up sheets are located in the Guidance Office. If you did not take Driver Education I at FHS, there will be a $50 fee assessed, payable at the time of registration.
- There will be only one class per session. Classes must have a minimum of 12 students and will have a maximum of 20 students.
At this time, Flushing Community Schools is only offering one session of Driver Education I.
To be eligible for Driver Education I this summer, students must be 14 years and 8 months old by June 8th.
2020 Driver Education will cost $350 per student. This fee includes 1st & 2nd segment.
Parent Meetings for Summer 2020 Driver Education: attend the one that best fits your schedule.
- Monday, January 13, 7:00 pm in the Auditorium
- Monday, February 10, 7:00 pm in the Auditorium
Registration Deadline is Friday, March 13. Any applications turned in after the March 13 deadline will be considered late and will be subject to taking any available spaces. We will try to honor class time requests. Registration forms will be available in the Guidance Office after February 11th and must be turned back in to the Guidance Office.
Driver Education I Class Schedule: 2019-2020 Driver Education Calendar
Just a reminder: Snow days during the 2019-20 school year may affect the following schedule.
Thursday, June 4 – 12:45-3:00pm in High School Auditorium – ALL STUDENTS MUST REPORT
Friday, June 5 – 12:45-3:00pm in High School Auditorium – ALL STUDENTS MUST REPORT
Monday, June 8 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Tuesday, June 9 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Wednesday, June 10 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Thursday, June 11 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Friday, June 12 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Monday, June 15 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Tuesday, June 16 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Wednesday, June 17 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Thursday, June 18 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Friday, June 19 – Regular Driver Ed Class Day
Monday, June 22 – Class, Range Test & Drive
Tuesday, June 23 – Class Test, Range Test & Drive
Wednesday, June 24 – Drive Only
Thursday, June 25 – Drive ONLY AND Parent Night, 6:00 pm in the Auditorium
If you have any questions, please contact Gerry Evans at 659-9821.