Points of Raider Pride for the 2017-2018 School Year
- Flushing continues to produce some of the most academically talented students in our state. The class of 2018 is no exception to that fact. Seventy-three (73) students graduated this year with high honors, that distinction requires a grade point average of 3.6 or better, 17 of those students have accomplished better than a 4.0 or higher due to their efforts in the successful completion of advanced placement coursework. On top of that, an additional sixty-nine (69) students are graduating with honors and a grade point average between 3.0 and 3.6.
- Flushing High School has had some of the top academic achievement in the county with core academic achievement scores never falling out of the top quartile in the county.
- The class of 2018 has consistently demonstrated high academic achievement in core subject areas of writing, math, and science.
- In an academic competition, Flushing High School students have to their credit:
- Genesee Academic League Championships (three consecutive years)
- A Flint Metro League Math & Science Competition Conference Championship this year.
- In Robotics Competition this year, Raider Robotics was a quarterfinalist in the State Championship and qualified for the World Competition which was held in Detroit at Cobo Hall. The team also was awarded the prestigious Imagery Award at the Kettering District Competition.
Performing and Fine Arts Highlights:
- Marching Band finished 3rd in the State of Michigan..
- Winter Guard team finished 2nd in the State of Michigan.
- Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Choir, and Orchestra received 1's (the highest score possible) at the State Band, Orchestra, and Vocal Music Festival.
- Theatre and visual arts programs developed and show cased the amazing talent of our students.
Athletic Team Highlights:
- Varsity Football - District Champions and State Regional Finalists
- Boys Basketball - Metro League Champs (3rd consecutive year)
- Girls Basketball - Metro League Champs (4th consecutive year)
- Wrestling - MHSAA Team District Champions (3rd consecutive year)
- Boys Bowling - MHSAA State Championship Qualifiers
- Boys Tennis - Team State Championship Qualifiers, Academic All-State
- Boys Varsity Track - Metro League Champs
- Girls Varsity Track - Metro League Champs
- Flushing Track program sent 12 boys and girls athletes to The MHSAA State Finals, a record number for FHS.
- 58 athletes earned Flint Metro League Scholar-Athlete honors
- 19 of our Class of 2018 student athletes will be competing in athletics at the collegiate level next year.
The Class of 2018 has left a positive mark on Flushing High School and our community. We are all proud to be Raiders!